Am I a Good Candidate for a Mommy Makeover Surgery?
The ideal mommy makeover candidate is in good health and at a stable weight at least six months after childbirth, within a few pounds of her target weight. While mommy makeovers can remove small pockets of fat, they are not the answer when significant weight loss is needed.
- If you’ve returned to your pre-pregnancy weight, or close to it, and are still bothered by a bulging belly, you’re probably a good candidate for a tummy tuck.
- If you’re unhappy about changes in your breasts from pregnancy and breastfeeding, including sagging, loss of their former round shape, lack of symmetry, or changes in breast size, you may be a good candidate for breast reshaping.
- If you’re frustrated by pockets of fat that remain even with diligent diet and exercise, you’re probably a good candidate for liposuction.
- Any of these procedures can be combined in a mommy makeover to address your body contouring needs.
Because another pregnancy can change your body again, it’s usually best to wait until you have finished growing your family to have a mommy makeover.
What Can a Mommy Makeover Do for Me?
A mommy makeover can reshape your form and restore your pre-pregnancy body, giving you a new boost of self-confidence. The combination of procedures can address a number of typical post-pregnancy body issues, including:
- Weakened abdominal muscles and excess abdominal skin. Pregnancy stretches the abdomen in ways that can result in lasting weakness, loose folds of skin, and permanent stretch marks. The abdominal muscles can lose the tone needed to hold the belly flat and can become separated, increasing the risk of hernias. Weakened abdominal muscles can also result in back pain. All of these issues can be addressed with a tummy tuck.
- Sagging breasts that have either lost volume or increased in size. Pregnancy and nursing enlarge the breasts, stretching the skin. When the breasts stabilize after breastfeeding ends, it is often to a new size and shape, with more or less volume. The position of the breasts may have dropped, with nipples pointing downward. The breasts may have lost their symmetry. The areolas may have stretched. All of these changes can be reversed with breast augmentation or reduction and a breast lift.
- Pockets of fat that are difficult to get rid of, even with diligent diet and exercise. These can be removed with liposuction.
If you have experienced any of these changes after pregnancy or simply as a result of aging, a mommy makeover can help you regain pride in your body. The corrective procedures can give you the confidence to wear form-fitting clothes, snug exercise outfits, or bathing suits.
What Can I Expect in Recovery After the Procedure?
Recovery from a mommy makeover will depend on the specific procedures included. Some tummy tuck patients may need to spend the first night in the hospital, but in most cases, you’ll go home the day of the surgery.
You’ll need to take a break from your normal routines as you heal and your body adjusts to the changes. You’re likely to experience some swelling and soreness in the treated areas. For most patients, about two weeks of rest at home is recommended, with no bending, heavy lifting, or other strenuous activity. You’ll want to arrange for help in this initial period of recovery — someone who can help you with shopping, preparing meals, and daily tasks like taking out the trash.
After that, you’ll be able to gradually resume your normal activities, following the doctor’s advice. You can go back to work, start back on a light exercise routine, and take on some household chores. Most patients are fully recovered by about two months after the surgery.
The final results of your mommy makeover will gradually become apparent in the weeks after surgery, with optimal results showing in three or four months. Many patients feel so much better about their bodies that they become even more active after the procedure, increasing the amount of exercise they do, which leads to further trimming and toning — and to even higher levels of personal satisfaction and self-confidence.
Atlanta Mommy Makeover FAQ
How Much Does A Mommy Makeover Cost in Atlanta, GA?
Several different mommy makeover procedures could help you achieve your body goals. Mommy makeover specials in Atlanta often promote:
However, you could also add other treatments to tailor the procedure to address your unique concerns. You and Dr. Yugeuros will discuss this in consultation. Because of this variety, Atlanta mommy makeover costs are unique to each patient.
You can count on some savings when combining surgeries because of one facility fee, anesthesia fee, and other efficiencies. After your consultation, your plastic surgeon will provide a personalized quote to outline your possible makeover plans and fees.
Does Insurance Cover a Mommy Makeover?
There’s no doubt that mommy makeovers in Alpharetta and Atlanta can restore confidence and improve the quality of life for many patients. Yet the procedures involved are generally considered “cosmetic.” This means they are not medically necessary, even though results can be incredibly beneficial.
Many people ask about insurance coverage. In some cases, breast reconstruction or surgery after massive weight loss may be incorporated. You will discuss the specifics of your case with your practitioner. However, keep in mind that a mommy makeover is not covered by medical insurance for most patients.
Can I Still Have Children After A Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover can help you get your body back into beautiful shape after childbearing. For this reason, plastic surgeons usually recommend you wait until after you’ve finished having children to plan one. This way, you can enjoy your results for a long time.
It is possible to become pregnant following makeover procedures, and you should consider that the tightening, contouring benefits gained may be altered if you do. Discuss your family planning during your consultation to get the best recommendations for you.
Why Choose Luna Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa?
Dr. Patricia Yugueros is a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in abdominoplasty, breast lift, breast augmentation, breast reduction, and liposuction. She is currently Chief of Plastic Surgery at Emory Johns Creek Hospital.
Call Luna Plastic Surgery today at (678) 892-7820 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Yugueros and learn how a mommy makeover can be tailored to your needs. Also, be sure to check out our mommy makeover before and after photo gallery to see some of our patients’ amazing transformations
Mommy Makeover Cost
The cost of a mommy makeover will depend on several factors. The price can be affected by body type, type of technique performed, surgical complications, and even allergies. Find out more by scheduling a consultation.
Schedule a Consultation
Contact us right away to find out which type of mommy makeover in Atlanta Metropolitan Area is right for you. Every woman is unique, so this is a very personal decision, and the experienced doctors at Luna Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa are here to assist you in determining the best treatment strategy for you.
Before and After
Abdominoplasty Combined Procedures (Mommy Makeover) by: Dr. Patricia Yugueros
Related Blog Posts
Mommy makeovers are a procedure that was cleverly coined by plastic surgeons to name a combination of procedures that generally involves 4 common…