Who Is a Candidate for Body Contouring Surgery in Atlanta?
If you are in good general health and have areas of excess skin anywhere on your body, you are probably a good candidate for body contouring surgery.
The body contouring skin-tightening procedure also is popular with women after pregnancy.
For outstanding results, body-contouring procedures can be performed at the same time as other plastic surgery procedures.
Your Atlanta Body Contouring Surgery Consultation
During your consultation, Dr. Yugueros will discuss your desires, expectations, and concerns, as well as the limits and risks of body-contouring surgery. She will review your medical history, thoroughly examine your overall body contours, and take pictures of the areas you would like her to improve.
Dr. Yugueros will recommend the surgical options or a combination of surgical options to yield the best results for your goals. If you need more than one surgery to achieve your overall body-contouring goals, Dr. Yugueros can help you prioritize the order of areas to improve.
Options for body contouring surgery can include:
- Liposuction to remove small amounts of fat from your hips, thighs, and abdomen for smooth, pleasing contours
- Tummy tuck to remove excess skin and tighten abdominal muscles for a slender waistline and flatter stomach
- Arm lift to remove excess skin and create tighter, firmer upper arms
- Thigh lift to tighten excess skin and smooth your thighs
- Lower body and buttock lift to create smoother, tighter contours in your lower body
- Breast augmentation, breast lift with or without implants to restore natural breast volume and lift the bust line
The Body Contouring Procedure, Recovery, and Results
Body contouring is performed under general anesthesia. Depending on the length and extent of your surgery, Dr. Yugueros might recommend that you stay 1 or 2 night nights in the hospital.
Other helpful information you would appreciate knowing about include:
- Some procedures for body contouring require more time to return to normal activities than others.
- Scars from body contouring can be visible and are sometimes extensive.
- Body contouring results are typically long-lasting for each procedure if you maintain your weight.
Please visit the body contouring pages highlighted on our Home page for the procedures you may be considering to learn more about each procedure, its recovery time, and results.
Why Choose Dr. Yugueros?
Dr. Patricia Yugueros is a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in body contouring surgery. Learn more about her surgical expertise, visit her before and after photo gallery, and schedule a consultation today. Find out how body contouring in Atlanta can rejuvenate your body for a lighter, tighter, more attractive you!
Atlanta Body Contouring FAQs
Where does the fat go after liposuction?
Liposuction treatments result in fat liquidation. The liquefied fat is flushed from the body by the lymphatic system responsible for removing bodily waste. From here, they’re delivered to your skeletal muscles, where exercise burns to CO2 and is ultimately eliminated from the body as we exhale.
How are abdominal muscles repaired during a tummy tuck?
Dr. Yugueros uses permanent stitches to reinforce abdominal muscles stretched and damaged by weight gain or pregnancy during abdominoplasty. These sutures are made of medical-grade nylon to remain in support over time.
How does a breast lift restore breast contours?
By reinforcing underlying breast tissues, the natural upward curve of the breast is restored with the muscles pointing north.