1. What is a Mommy Makeover?
Mommy makeover is designed to restore the pre-pregnancy figure. It helps to counteract the effects of childbearing and breast feeding. Mothers devote their lives to their familiar, but sometimes, they need to take a break and do something for their own well being, and mommy makeovers are one of those things.
2. What are the most common procedures performed on a Mommy Makeover?
The most common procedures are breast lift with or without augmentation, breast reductions, abdominoplasties, or tummy tucks, and liposuction.
3. Can a mini tummy tuck, a breast augmentation and a liposuction be performed in one surgery?
Yes, if it is is done in a safe setting such as a hospital by a board certified plastic surgeon, it can be done in one setting.
4. What is the minimum recovery time for a Mommy Makeover?
Mommy makeovers are customized to each patient. Depending on the personalized plan, the recovery can vary, but in most cases, they need to have 2 to 3 weeks to recover.
5. What are the most common complications seen with mommy makeover?
There is a difference between complications and side effects. All patients will have swelling, bruising, scars related to the procedure, complications can be minor like wide scars that can be revised, or major like a hematoma, which may require an intervention to stop the bleeding.
6. What is the best way to prepare for a Mommy Makeover?
Eating healthy and exercise will help to reach the ideal weight and to be in good share. It won’t cure the problem, because it won’t help the loose skin, but it will make recovery easier and faster.
7. If I’m planning to have more kids should I wait to have a Mommy Makeover?
Yes, ideally, you should be done having children, to work on getting your pre-pregnancy figure back, otherwise, you may lose some of the results.
8. How severe is the pain after a Mommy Makeover?
The breast can be well controlled with pain medications. The tummy tuck is more painful. Pain pumps that the patients can take home with them last for up to 5 days and are very helpful to decrease medication intake and to be able to mobilize better and faster.
9. How long before I can see results?
Patients see initial results immediately, but as the welling goes down the results get better and better. It can take between 6 to 12 months for the patients to see resolution of the swelling and improvements of the scars.
10. What type of scarring should be expected after a Mommy Makeover?
Usually fine lines, when the patients develop hyper-pigmentation or wide scars, there are several procedures and techniques like laser or radio-frequency that can help to improve them.
11. How much time should I plan on taking off for a Mommy Makeover?
Depends on the type of work and activities that the patient performs and the type of procedures needed to transform your post pregnancy figure into your old self. Could be one to 4 weeks.