what is botox?
Wrinkles result from a combination of many factors. It’s not just about cellular changes, collagen depletion, or damage caused by free radicals. When you frown or concentrate, the muscles between your brows contract, causing your skin to furrow and fold. And when you squint, the muscles around your eyes contract and cause crow’s feet.
BOTOX® Cosmetic works beneath the skin’s surface and targets the underlying muscle activity that causes frown lines and crow’s feet to form over time.
Dr Yugueros will inject BOTOX® Cosmetic into the muscles that cause frown lines and crow’s feet lines, temporarily reducing the activity of those muscles. The result is a reduction in the appearance of those lines.
Luna Plastic Surgery
The Surprising Benefits of Botox
- Injections can prevent the onset of migraine headaches
- Botox relaxes muscles, which can prevent jaw clenching and grind
- When applied strategically, Botox can improve the appearance of your smile, creating a balance between the upper lip and revealing less of a gummy smile
- A preventative Botox can help slow the visible aging process
- Treatment can help shape a more balanced jawline
DOES BOTOX HURT?
Some patients report that being injected with BOTOX® Cosmetic feels like a pinch. Your provider may use ice to numb the treatment area. If you are concerned about discomfort, your provider may apply a topical numbing cream before administering your treatment.