Don’t let the cool temperatures dry out your skin! Luna Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa put together this infographic that includes 10 beauty tips to combat the drying effects of winter. Follow these steps for healthy skin all season long!
- Use a loofah or a grainy body scrub on your feet to prevent them from cracking after a hot shower.
- Always remove wet gloves and socks, which can irritate your skin or cause itching and cracking.
- Try alcohol-free hand sanitizers instead of drying your hands from washing all the time.
- When taking a bath, drop some body oil to make sure your skin can get some extra hydration.
- Switch to oil-based moisturizer to lock in moisture in the skin. Apply as needed to keep skin soft.
- Put on a hydrating facial mask at least two to three times a week to increase the moisture content in your skin.
- Keep lips supple by dabbing on lip balm rich in castor oil, vitamin E, cocoa butter, or olive oil.
- Wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner so your makeup won’t run when your eyes water from wind.
- Use an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup instead of your regular makeup wipes.
- Leave your skin slightly damp after showering instead of toweling it completely dry and apply lotion.
For more beauty tips or to schedule a skin care service, contact Luna Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa.