Mommy Makeover Atlanta
A mommy makeover brings back your pre-pregnancy shape and self-confidence. Pregnancy can take a toll on your body in lost muscle tone in your abdomen, as well as sagging and a change in breast volume. Even after diet and exercise, many women find it hard to eliminate some resistant pockets of fat. If you feel self-conscious about your post-motherhood body and would like to get back to your pre-pregnancy form, the combination of procedures known as a “mommy makeover” may be the solution for you.
For more information about mommy makeover surgery, and to find out if you are a good candidate, call Luna Plastic Surgery today at (678) 892-7820 and schedule a consultation with Dr. Patricia Yugueros.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a combination of surgical procedures to recontour your body and restore it to its pre-pregnancy form. It typically includes:
- A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) — a surgical procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the middle and lower abdomen and tighten loose abdominal muscles.
- Breast reshaping — which can include breast augmentation to increase breast volume or breast reduction to reduce their size, often combined with a breast lift to raise sagging breasts and reshape them.
- Liposuction — to remove diet- and exercise-resistant pockets of fat elsewhere on the body, such as the neck, upper arms, buttocks, hips, thighs, knees, or
A mommy makeover can also be combined with other surgical procedures, as well as with non-surgical procedures, such as injections of Botox or dermal fillers, to complete your rejuvenation. In your consultation with Dr. Yugueros, she will recommend the combination of procedures best suited to your unique needs.
What Can a Mommy Makeover Do for Me?
A mommy makeover can reshape your body and restore your pre-pregnancy form, giving you a new boost of self-confidence. The combination of procedures can address a number of typical post-pregnancy body issues, including:
- Weakened abdominal muscles and excess abdominal skin. Pregnancy stretches the abdomen in ways that can result in lasting weakness, loose folds of skin, and permanent stretch marks. The abdominal muscles can lose the tone needed to hold the belly flat and can become separated, increasing the risk of hernias. Weakened abdominal muscles can also result in back pain. All of these issues can be addressed with a tummy tuck.
- Sagging breasts that have either lost volume or increased in size. Pregnancy and nursing enlarge the breasts, stretching the skin. When the breasts stabilize after breastfeeding ends, it is often to a new size and shape, with more or less volume. The position of the breasts may have dropped, with nipples pointing downward. The breasts may have lost their symmetry. The areolas may have stretched. All of these changes can be reversed with breast augmentation or reduction and a breast lift.
- Pockets of fat that are difficult to get rid of, even with diligent diet and exercise. These can be removed with liposuction.
If you have experienced any of these changes after pregnancy or simply as a result of aging, a mommy makeover can help you regain pride in your body. The corrective procedures can give you the confidence to wear form-fitting clothes, snug exercise outfits, or bathing suits.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
The ideal mommy makeover candidate is in good health and at a stable weight at least six months after childbirth, within a few pounds of her target weight. While a mommy makeover can remove small pockets of fat, it is not the answer when significant weight loss is needed.
- If you’ve returned to your pre-pregnancy weight, or close to it, and are still bothered by a bulging belly, you’re probably a good candidate for a tummy tuck.
- If you’re unhappy about changes in your breasts from pregnancy and breastfeeding, including sagging, loss of their former round shape, lack of symmetry, or changes in breast size, you may be a good candidate for breast reshaping.
- If you’re frustrated by pockets of fat that remain even with diligent diet and exercise, you’re probably a good candidate for liposuction.
- Any of these procedures can be combined in a mommy makeover to address your body contouring needs.
Because another pregnancy can change your body again, it’s usually best to wait until you have finished growing your family to have a mommy makeover.
What Can I Expect in Recovery After the Procedure?
Recovery from a mommy makeover will depend on the specific procedures included. Some tummy tuck patients may need to spend the first night in the hospital, but in most cases you’ll go home the day of the surgery.
You’ll need to take a break from your normal routines as you heal and your body adjusts to the changes. You’re likely to experience some swelling and soreness in the treated areas. For most patients, about two weeks of rest at home is recommended, with no bending, heavy lifting, or other strenuous activity. You’ll want to arrange for help in this initial period of recovery — someone who can help you with shopping, preparing meals, and daily tasks like taking out the trash.
After that, you’ll be able to gradually resume your normal activities, following the doctor’s advice. You can go back to work, start back on a light exercise routine, and take on some household chores. Most patents are fully recovered by about two months after the surgery.
The final results of your mommy makeover will gradually become apparent in the weeks after surgery, with optimal results showing in three or four months. Many patients feel so much better about their bodies that they become even more active after the procedure, increasing the amount of exercise they do, which leads to further trimming and toning — and to even higher levels of personal satisfaction and self-confidence.
Why Choose Luna Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa?
Dr. Patricia Yugueros is a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in abdominoplasty, breast lift, breast augmentation, breast reduction, and liposuction. She is currently Chief of Plastic Surgery at Emory Johns Creek Hospital.
Call Luna Plastic Surgery today at (678) 892-7820 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with Dr. Yugueros and learn how a mommy makeover can be tailored to your needs.
Please fill the below form if you have any questions. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Warning: Email Not Sent.Please fill out these required fields and submit once more.
6335 Hospital Parkway, Suite 216
Johns Creek, Georgia 30097